If you have home or renter’s insurance this is good news for you! Anything of value that has been damaged will most likely be covered for replacement.
Here are some steps you will want to take in order to claim them with your insurance company.
- Write down everything that has been damaged. Doesn’t matter the significance of the damage, just write it all down.
- Take pictures of all the damage products in your house. You can never have too many pictures.
- Call your insurance company and go over your policy to find out what exactly is covered and what is not.
- Fill out the required paperwork, be sure to make your list and photos available.
- Before your claim has been processed make sure the paperwork is correct and what has been discussed is what is on the paperwork.
If you have electronics that are under a separate warranty, for example through the manufacturer, go ahead and give them a call before you call your home owner insurance. A lot of times the warranty may be better through them. In addition, you won’t have to worry about policy changes after a claim with the less you do claim.
Once you have been given an amount of the claim and you are able to start replacing the items that have been lost, take your time in purchasing the best product for your money. Replacing something large like a pool table or foosball table are not cheap to replace, so make sure you take your time reviewing everything.
Do your research and make sure you are buying a product that is great in quality and customer service.